Home Forums Conversions MK2 Coach Conversion

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1300
    Richard S
    Participant

    Next the corridor doors on the ends.

    These again came from Floyd Kraemer, but as the door opening on the Triang coach is curved at the top and I have modified them to be straighter as per the real thing I had to file down the top of the door a little to fit. For the colour I took an educated guess and used Rover Applejack Green car paint. I cut out some more tiny bits of the frosted binding page to glue in the end windows, again using the Micro Kristal.

    The doors aren’t glued in, but instead held in using black tack (like blue tack but much stickier)

    #1301
    Richard S
    Participant

    For the seats I was trying to find how to paint them and wondered exactly how accurate it was worth being as it’s on the inside and you won’t see them much anyway, but think I got a bit carried away!

    I found you can buy water slide transfer paper and make your own. You print them off and then spray them with lacquer to seal in the ink, as otherwise when you soak it in water to make the decal slide off the paper the ink would run. (I used car paint lacquer and did three coats)

    #1302
    Richard S
    Participant

    Here’s an interior picture and apparently the fabric is called ‘regional moquette’

    #1303
    Richard S
    Participant

    I found someone online that sells cushions etc. using this fabric and found the following image, which once cropped and tiled using photoshop printed on to the decal paper.

    #1304
    Edward
    Participant

    Hi Richard,

    Loving the updates, this is looking fantastic. The frosted windows are brilliant!

    Edward

    #1305
    Richard S
    Participant

     

    The pattern on the real seats replicates across about 7 times whereas mine about 5, but I’m not getting too worried about it as the model seats are so small and having the pattern slightly larger probably makes it a little more visible.

    First though the seats got a coat of undercoat before getting sprayed white.

    Then the sheet of decal paper was cut to shape and attached.

    The head and arm rests were painted with Humbrol 104 blue paint and the base painted black before sealing with clear lacquer.

    I will probably paint the grab handle on the seats silver at some point (you snap off the ones you don’t want as you only want one on the centre gangway end.)

    All I have to do now is paint enough of them up to make a complete carriage. I’m hoping to get better with a paint brush as I go!

    By the way, I forgot to say that to print that decal sheet it took nearly a third of a tank of colour printer ink!

    #1312
    Dave
    Keymaster

    These seats are brilliant!

    You go through great lengths but it’s definetely worth it. Super job!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.